Vudu Search is a new quite nasty hijacker. Currently it attacks most widely used browsers, but Google Chrome in particular. Note that this described problem may occur both in Windows and Mac browsers. Once installed, the page vudusearch.com gets set in the home page and is also used as the default search engine. All your search queries will be redirected through it. Vudu Search is advertised as some great utility to enrich your browsing experience, however, this information is definitely far away from the truth. What you see is a hijacker that is used by cyber frauds for adware and spyware purposes.
Quick menu to help you navigate through Vudu Search removal guide.
When you submit some search queries through it, you will be redirected through the site vudusearch.com. However, it is not recommended for you to search for any information through this hijacker. Your data may be collected and transferred in favor of third parties for various illegal purposes. Most likely this has to do with subsequent distribution of adware and other potentially unwanted programs.
Vudu Search is spread actively in the world wide web today. Typically it gets installed into PCs through other free programs. This means that users need to be extremely careful when dealing with free software. Take time to read EULAs (End User License Agreements) related to any free programs of your selection. If you read about Vudu Search or any other program you do not need, switch to advanced or custom installation option to avoid its intrusion into the system.
Removing Vudu Search virus is possible with the help of a proven spyware removal program, such as Plumbytes Anti-Malware. You need to scan your PC with it, remove the infections it finds with its full registered version and to reset your browsers with its help.
Vudu Search removal instructions.
Instructions to clean Windows computers.
This slider below shows how to use Anti-Malware Pro 2017 for Vudu Search detection and removal:
- Download Anti-Malware Pro 2017 via the download button below:
- Install the application and start it. The program will automatically begin scanning your computer.
- Once the scanning is completed, click on “Remove Threats“.
- Purchase the full version of the software.
- Check your email to retrieve your license key.
- Enter the license key in the respective section, then activate the software.
- With registered version of the program, get rid of all malware from your PC.
- Repeat scanning if necessary.
Solution to protect your computer from getting contaminated with Vudu Search and similar threats in the future:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web people definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have avoided all negative side effects related to unwanted intrusion of adware with the help of Anti-Malware Pro 2017, so we strongly advise that you buy Anti-Malware Pro 2017 now!
Instructions to clean Mac computers.
- Download Combo Cleaner for your Mac by clicking on the “Download Now” button below.
- You will be redirected to the App Store:
- Install the application and start it.
- Wait until Combo Cleaner downloads new updates (mandatory step):
- Once updates are downloaded and installed, click on “Start Combo Scan” button:
- To enable full functionality of Combo Cleaner and in order to delete detected malware, click on “Upgrade to Premium and Remove” button:
After you eliminate Vudu Search hijacker it is mandatory to apply additional manual fixes to clean your browsers from malware traces.
- In Google Chrome, click on the menu button in the upper-right part of the screen which either looks like three vertical dots. Scroll down to the bottom of the drop-down menu and click on "Settings" (as shown in one of the images above).
- Select "Extensions" in the left part of the window. Uncheck suspicious extension, then click on the Trash icon next to it.
- WARNING. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove malware from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Show advanced settings".
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Reset settings" button.
- In the pop-up window, click on "Reset".
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on "Add-ons".
- Click on the "Extensions" tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on "Disable", then on "Remove".
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove infection from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Click on "Troubleshooting information" in the slide-out menu.
- Select the "Refresh Firefox" button at the top right of the new web page.
- Finally, click on "Refresh Firefox" again to confirm the action.
- Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select "Manage add-ons".
- Find suspicious toolbar or extension. Click on it (make it highlighted). Then click on "Disable" button related to this particular toolbar or extension.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove malware from Internet Explorer did not help. Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select "Internet Options".
- Select "Advanced" tab, then click on "Reset".
- Select appropriate reset options, then click on "Reset".
- Click on "Opera" menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Choose "Extensions", then click on "Manage extensions".
- If you detect anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
- Step 1. Click on "Safari" menu, then go to "Preferences".
- Step 2. In the "Extensions" tab, locate suspicious extensions and click on "Uninstall".
- Step 3. In Safari menu, select "Clear history" and click on "Clear History again".
- Step 4. Get back to Safari menu, then click on "Preferences".
- Step 5. Click on "Privacy" tab, then choose "Manage Website Data...".
- Step 6. Click on "Remove All", then on "Done".