In this guide we will explain how to get rid of Xee Search from your browser. Well, first of all, what is this Xee Search, how could it become the part of your browser and how to remove it? These questions will be raised by us in this post, and we will surely try to give decent answers to them.
So, the question number one – what is Xee Search? Technically, this isn’t a virus, of course. We would rather categorize it as a potentially unwanted program. On the other hand, you can’t find this software installed in the list of legitimate programs on your PC (if you make a search in the Control Panel of your computer in the section where you can add or remove programs). Basically, this Xee Search is a special executable file which, upon its launching, amends the settings and preferences of your browser, no matter which one you generally use as a default one. As a result, the home page of it will be replaced into xeesearch.com, and you will see Xee Search in every new tab of your browser (no matter how many new tabs are open).
Furthermore, your search results will be obtained through some other third-party search results providers, mainly not genuine ones. As a consequence, the search results will mainly not match the search queries of users. In addition, you will see a lot of annoying ads and sponsored links on the home page of your browser, and together with the search results redirected by means of this browser hijacker.
To sum up, facing Xee Search in your browser all the time is truly a very annoying experience. This website will not render relevant search results to you. Mainly its goal is just to make you see a lot of those ads and sponsored links, this is how the developers of this hijacker get paid. We recommend you to follow the tutorial below that will assist you in fixing your browser infected with Xee Search virus. If you have any problems, please let us know at once.
Xee Search automatic removal tool:
Detailed instructions to remove xeesearch.com hijack and reset your browser settings:
- Via your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the download button above.
- Scan your system and delete all detected infected files and registry entries by clicking “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Important! Shut down all your infected browsers.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that browser hijacker has been successfully removed.
- Finally, right-click the Desktop icons and Start menu items related to your browsers infected with this browser hijacker. Click “Properties” and check their destination path in the “Target” section of the shortcut tab. Make sure there’s nothing related to Xee Search in this destination path. If you see the website of this hijacker set there by default, remove it completely and leave only the clear destination path that leads to the executable of your browser.
Example of removing Xee Search automatically in this similar YouTube video:
Example of fixing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu items related to your browser infected by this hijacker:
Additional removal tips for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps didn’t help).
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will reveal the Settings page of Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.