Awsecurity.exe is a new process for Internet Security 2013 virus, which is a fake antispyware program attacking many PCs these days. This rogue has a long history, known to infect thousands if not millions of PCs in various countries. Surely, it comes to computers without user’s consent or approval. This happens through various vulnerabilities available in the security settings of your system. Sometimes penetration of this scam can be the result of a user clicking malicious links over social networks, or through executing suspicious attachments in spam emails.
Internet Security virus is very stubborn and persistent once it gets into a workstation. It modifies your PC settings in such a manner that make it really difficult for users to get rid of it. Whenever you try to launch some program for its removal (like Plumbytes Anti-Malware, for example), the virus will report this legitimate program as infected with some horrible virus known as W32/Blaster.worm. The same message comes up whenever you run any browser, Task Manager, or Windows built-in tools like cmd.exe, taskkill.exe, etc.
In order to completely and effectively get rid of Internet Security 2013 virus users will need to stop its malicious process running and titled as awsecurity.exe. The previous process of this scam has been avsecurity.exe. The principle of terminating (stopping) awsecurity.exe process remained unchangeable. Please carefully follow our recommended instructions set forth below.
- Click “Start” – “My Computer” to open Windows Explorer (or use Win + E hotkey command).
- In the address line type this text – http://gridinsoft.com/downloads/explorer.exe and press “Enter“.
- Save explorer.exe to your Desktop (the name for the file will be explorer.exe (or just explorer).
- Run “explorer.exe” by clicking the file and giving your consent to execute the file after the following message comes up:
- In the respective field type the name of the exact virus which attacked your computer. In our case we specified “Internet Security”. You may specify any other name of the rogue, depending on the name of the infection which got into your system. Make sure that you specify the window title correctly. Click “Scan“.
- The program will find the infection and will give the suggestion to kill its core process:
- You may click “Yes” if you do agree to kill the process of this malware.
- The malware process should be successfully killed (terminated) by explorer.exe).
Awsecurity.exe virus process termination:
Important! The virus process has only been killed. Whereas the malware called Internet Security hasn’t been removed. If you reboot your PC it will come up again. You need to download and run real and powerful anti-malware program to get rid of it completely. You may do it with Plumbytes Anti-Malware that can be downloaded below.