There is a serious danger in freepcrepairr.com pop-ups. They spread a lot of adware and other potentially unwanted programs. If you have seen any of such pop-up windows to appear in your PC, then you should not click on them, no matter how tricky they are. These pop-ups are very misleading, telling you to update Java, supposedly recommended to view some content online. In reality, by proceeding with with misleading instructions, users actually install a lot of useless programs, and some of them are very malicious.
This is the example of freepcrepairr.com misleading pop-up window and what it says once it pops up:
It is recommended to have Java in order to proceed.
Most probably there is absolutely no need at all for you to install Java. If you use Windows 8.1 then it has all the necessary packages of drivers for viewing any legal content. If you use some outdated version of Windows, we recommend you to update it officially. In any case, even if you want to install or update Java, you should perform such updates through the official websites of Oracle software development company.
The truth is that if you’ve seen such freepcrepairr.com pop-up windows in your browser, then this probably means that your computer has already been infected by some nasty adware program. We recommend that you scan your computer with some reliable anti-virus software that will help you to detect and remove all malicious components of adware in your PC. Please fell free to contact us at any time of your preference if you require any further assistance on our part. Stay safe in the web!
Anti-malware tool necessary for freepcrepairr.com pop-up windows removal
Similar adware removal video:
Freepcrepairr.com pop-up detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling related adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click such adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.