HohoSearch is a browser hijacker attacking computers and browsers specifically. The hijacker is one of those nasty applications developed in China. Hence, based on our previous experience of removing similar hijackers, we can definitely say that it is not as easy to get rid of it manually as it seems to some people. The hijacker is protected by man other additional applications which make it really difficult for users to get rid of it.
On the other hand, we’re aware of a powerful anti-malware application that can handle the removal of HohoSearch malware automatically and quite effectively. You simply need to follow the guidelines we’ve prepared for you specifically to remove HohoSearch in an automatic way. But first of all let us describe HohoSearch and explain why exactly it needs to be deleted.
In the first place, HohoSearch is not a virus or malware. However, it is not a good application either. Its only mission is to display targeted advertisement banners in the home page of your hijacked browser and to collect the information about your browsing habits. In other words, HohoSearch performs the role of both adware and spyware in your computer.
HohoSearch may infect browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera and Mozilla Firefox. Once the attack is successful users start facing hohosearch.com page to be set in the startup of their browsers. Looking for information via hohosearch.com will not furnish you with any relevant screech data. Instead, you may be permanently brought to all kinds of other dangerous places in the web, through which your system may become contaminated even more dramatically.
Taking into consideration the above-mentioned facts, we seriously urge you to get rid of HohoSearch browser hijacker from your system as soon as possible. We suggest you to do it with the help of a reliable anti-malware tool called Plumbytes Anti-Malware as explained in the guide below. You will need to remove the infections it finds and to reset your browsers with its help.
Software to get rid of HohoSearch automatically.
Important milestones to delete HohoSearch automatically are as follows:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Detailed instructions to remove HohoSearch automatically.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with HohoSearch:
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Video guide explaining how to reset browsers altogether automatically with Plumbytes Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected:
Plumbytes Anti-Malware offers a superb service to prevent malicious programs from being launched in your PC ahead of time. By default, this option is disabled once you install Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as explained below:
Once this option is enabled, your computer will be protected against all possible malware attacking your PC and attempting to execute (install) itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being executed, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.