If you’ve suddenly seen istart.webssearches.com in the home page of your browser, then it is surely a good time to think about how in the world this strange website could appear in the startup. In other words, this problem is clear when you open your browser. Instead of the blank page, or the default one, you see istart.webssearches.com in the very beginning of you using the browser. And, by the way, whenever you open each new tab, this website will appear there as well. So, what does it stand for and whether it is worthy of your trust – this article will answer such important questions.
Istart.webssearches.com is a computer virus known as a browser hijacker. It comes into computers as a result of you installing some other applications. There are many of such cost-free applications, which are by default bundled with many extra tools and programs. Your failure to carefully read the instructions of the setup wizards of such applications results in you seeing all kinds of potentially unwanted programs (and surely istart.webssearches.com is one of them).
In addition to the problem of the homepage of your browser hijacked, you will also have another issue – the matter of search engine redirection of your search queries through istart.webssearches.com. This issue must be fixed ad well, by the way. The site doesn’t render any relevant search results to you. These so-called search results redirected through istart.webssearches.com are full of annoying ads and sponsored links, as well as the home page of your browser hijacked by this malware.
Without hesitation, we can truly consider istart.webssearches.com website as a scam, or at least as a real potentially unwanted software. This is why you must definitely search for the correct and working solution that will help you to uninstall this malware from your browser. The tutorial below will furnish you with all the relevant information you need to know on how to deal with browser hijackers and remove them from your system.
Istart.webssearches.com automatic removal tool:
Detailed instructions to remove Webs Searches hijack and reset your browser settings:
- Via your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the download button above.
- Scan your system and delete all detected infected files and registry entries by clicking “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Important! Shut down all your infected browsers.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that browser hijacker has been successfully removed.
- Finally, right-click the Desktop icons and Start menu items related to your browsers infected with this browser hijacker. Click “Properties” and check their destination path in the “Target” section of the shortcut tab. Make sure there’s nothing related to istart.webssearches.com in this destination path. If you see the website of this hijacker set there by default, remove it completely and leave only the clear destination path that leads to the executable of your browser.
Example of removing istart.webssearches.com automatically in this similar YouTube video:
Example of fixing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu items related to your browser infected by this hijacker:
Additional removal tips for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps didn’t help).
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will reveal the Settings page of Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.