Mldefender.exe is yet another process of Internet Security rogue antivirus program which gained tremendous popularity among cyber hackers this year. Surely, Internet Security Pro is not the software that can resist serious cyber threats. To the contrary, this is a fake anti-spyware program that is very dangerous. Most probably, its process mldefender.exe will be replaced with another name some time in the future. The hoax comes to infected computers without consideration of user’s preferences. In other words, it does not ask permission of users to enter the machine. When it is successfully installed, it runs the fake system scan of your computer and then reports many fake threats and vulnerabilities that aren’t real. Thus, users are brought to the page where they are eventually instructed by the malware to enter their bank (credit card) details and to buy the helpless license of this hazardous application.
Carrying out the complete and detailed analysis of mldefender.exe proves that this application is not worth your trust. It tells about problems that aren’t real. However, once serious viruses do attack the PC this program will not protect you against them. The very fact of presence of this rogue is bad and must be dealt with at once. First of all, because of such fake anti-spyware’s activity on your system you may have the problem of serious system slowdown, browser redirect, etc. Keeping this program may also cause the installation of other malwares into your PC (that might be even more aggressive and severe than mldefender.exe itself).
As you’ve probably realized by now, mldefender.exe is the useless type of software, so it is a serious error to purchase it. Hopefully, you’ve not done this yet. Remove this badware from your computer as soon as possible, without delay. In order for the removal to be effective you first need to stop its process called mldefender.exe. This can be done by following the tips in the video guide and explained below as well. Then it is of utmost importance to scan your system with reliable antivirus program like Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Download RusKill.exe via the download button below, or through the direct link https://www.system-tips.net/download/ruskill.exe. In case the rogue blocks all your attempts to download RusKill.exe you may download it on a clean computer, save it to your USB/Flash Drive and copy the file to your infected PC.
- Save RusKill.exe into your desktop (the name for the file will be ruskill.exe (with small letters only).
- Make sure that you can see all known file extensions at your desktop. Open Desktop folder, click “Tools” and select “Folder options“.
- In the “View” tab uncheck the box “Hide extensions for known file types“, click “Apply” and “OK“.
- Rename “ruskill.exe” into “explorer.exe“.
- Run “explorer.exe” by clicking the file and giving your consent to execute the file after the following message comes up:
- In the respective field type the name of the exact virus which attacked your computer. In our case we specified “Internet Security”. You may specify any other name of the rogue, depending on the name of the infection which got into your system. Make sure that you specify the window title correctly. Click “Scan“.
- The program will find the infection and will give the suggestion to kill its core process:
- You may click “Yes” if you do agree to kill the process of this malware.
- The malware process should be successfully killed (terminated) by ruskill.exe (previously renamed into explorer.exe).
- Now it’s time to download and run real and powerful anti-malware program recommended in this blog to remove Internet Security Pro scam.
Mldefender.exe removal video at YouTube:
Steps of successful Internet Security Pro virus removal: