Internet Security program (fake antispyware) is known for attacking computers all over the world. The peculiarity of this application is that it regularly amends its core process. Right now it is called mmsecurity.exe. To remove the rogue users need to first stop mmsecurity.exe running process.
When users attempt to get rid of Internet Security virus they always face some troubles and real difficulties. Once they try to launch any antivirus program they face a warning from this hoax, saying that the file users attempt to execute is infected with a virus called W32/Blaster.worm. Obviously, this is a fake alert which isn’t true. Such problem of users to get rid of this fake antivirus will persist until users succeed in terminating mmsecurity.exe virus process. In the guide below you may find valid tips on how to make it possible.
- Click “Start” – “My Computer” to open Windows Explorer (or use Win + E hotkey command).
- In the address line type this text – http://gridinsoft.com/downloads/explorer.exe and press “Enter“.
- Save explorer.exe to your Desktop (the name for the file will be explorer.exe (or just explorer).
- Run “explorer.exe” by clicking the file and giving your consent to execute the file after the following message comes up:
- In the respective field type the name of the exact virus which attacked your computer. In our case we specified “Internet Security”. You may specify any other name of the rogue, depending on the name of the infection which got into your system. Make sure that you specify the window title correctly. Click “Scan“.
- The program will find the infection and will give the suggestion to kill its core process:
- You may click “Yes” if you do agree to kill the process of this malware.
- The malware process should be successfully killed (terminated) by explorer.exe).
Mmsecurity.exe virus process termination:
Important! The virus process has only been killed. Whereas the malware called Internet Security hasn’t been removed. If you reboot your PC it will come up again. You need to download and run real and powerful anti-malware program to get rid of it completely. You may do it with Plumbytes Anti-Malware that can be downloaded below.