Vi-View is a browser hijacker, and in the past we devoted a special article to its removal. Today it attacks the majority of browsers and amends their homepage into myhome.vi-view.com. Users who see such changes aren’t satisfied with permanent appearance of this website. No doubt, they would like to do something to remove myhome.vi-view.com from the home page and get rid of Vi-View hijack. In this guide we will help you to do it in an effective way.
Myhome.vi-view.com might not be a malicious domain, yet it is related to this sort of a potentially unwanted program called Vi-View. It goes often bundled by default with many other free applications. If you want to avoid installation of this unwanted extra into your system we recommend you to always select the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one. This will help you to avoid this hijacker from being implanted into your computer and your browser.
It is worth mentioning that Vi-View hijacker mainly attacks browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, which are the main targets of this malware. Needless to mention, it is much better to avoid Vi-View from being brought into your PC, then to look for the ways of its removal after the attack has already been made by it successfully. Because of Vi-View in your PC you will also experience all sorts of unwanted browser redirect problems through other third-party websites, and as a result you may be brought to many other malicious or unsafe websites, which in their turn may infect your PC even more.
So, please be very careful as you surf the web. Make sure you pay attention to what other software you are offered to install into your PC in addition to the main software of your choice. Always choose the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one. This will help you to avoid all kinds of unwanted applications from being brought into your computer. To fix this problem with your PC and your infected browser we recommend you to follow the guide below that will help you eliminate Vi-View from your system effectively and completely.
Software necessary for Vi-View automatic removal:
Important milestones for Vi-View automatic removal:
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after Vi-View removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your computer now.
Vi-View detailed manual (free) removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling Vi-View from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Vi-View are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Vi-View. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on the item related to this malicious program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Vi-View. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click it with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing Vi-View from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of Vi-View virus from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove Vi-View from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to Vi-View and other unwanted adware and potentially unwanted programs installed on your PC.
Step 3. Fixing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu items of your browsers:
For each affected browser, right-click the Desktop icons and Start menu items related to your hijacked browsers. Click “Properties” and check their destination path in the “Target” section of the shortcut tab. Make sure there’s nothing related to vi-view.com browser hijacker in this destination path. If you see vi-view.com set there by default, remove it completely and leave only the clear destination path that leads to the executable of your browser.
Example of fixing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu items related to your browser infected by this hijacker:
Additional removal tips for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps didn’t help).
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will reveal the Settings page of Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.