MyStartSearch is a brand new browser hijacker, the successor of iStartSurf and iStart123 infections. It is referred to as browser hijacker because of the amendments it initiates with the home page of your browser and your search engine preferences. When MyStartSearch attacks your computer you will see MyStartSearch to be displayed in the home page of all your available browsers. Opening every new search tab of your browser again and again opens this hijacker, instead of google.com. If you simply want to open the blank page, you will not manage to do it because of this browser hijacker to infect your browser. In this guide we will help you to remove MyStartSearch from all your available browsers.
This browser hijacker mainly attacks browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Apart of this particular hijacker, you will see other potentially unwanted programs to be closely related to this computer infection. Most often it is integrated with Fast Start extension for Mozilla Firefox and with Quick Start extension of Google Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers.
If you try to remove MyStartSearch browser hijacker without being duly prepared to this important job, you may actually fail to do it at all. You need to know the detailed information about this hijacker and what barriers it has that prevent you from removing it effectively. This is the purpose of this guide – to help you understand what needs to be done to delete it completely from your PC and your browser.
HpUI.exe is the integral component of this particular hijacker. This is another potentially unwanted program called Search Protect, with HpUI.exe as its main process. Even if you manually remove mystartsearch.com from the home page of your affected browsers, this Search Protect (a.k.a. HpUI.exe virus) will restore this hijacker back to your browser. Search Protect program is located in the SupTab folder of the Program Files directory of your computer. Obviously, the first step for removal of this virus is to uninstall Search Protect, and this can be done by complete termination of HpUI.exe, Loader32.exe, Loader64.exe and all other related malicious processes.
We do furnish you with the instructions on manual (free) removal of MyStartSearch. This video below explains how to stop HpUI.exe, Loader32.exe, Loader64.exe and other dangerous processes related to this hijacker. You will then need to remove the SupTab folder from Program Files directory completely, and even from the Recycle Bin. Afterwards you may easily restore the home page and default search engine settings of your browsers back to their initial conditions (which were set before this malware attacked them).
On the other hand, there will still be some remnants related to this browser hijacker in your computer. We strongly recommend that you scan your computer with Plumbytes Anti-Malware, which is a powerful anti-malware program that will help you to get rid of these malware traces effectively (with its full registered version). So, please scan your PC with it, remove all infections it finds, and finally reset your browsers with its help. This is the best way for removal of this infection. If you still prefer to get rid of it manually and for free, then you may follow these manual instructions set forth below. In either case, if you require our assistance, please feel free to contact us at any time of your preference, and we will do all our best to assist you the best we can in removal of this dangerous browser hijacker from your computer.
Automatic tool to get id of MyStartSearch:
Detailed instructions to remove MyStartSearch and reset your browser settings:
- Uninstall any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your computer and remove any suspicious add-ons or extensions from your infected browsers (related to this hijacker).
- Via your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the download button above.
- Scan your system and delete all detected infected files and registry entries by clicking “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Important! Shut down all your infected browsers.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that browser hijacker has been successfully removed.
- Finally, right-click the Desktop icons and Start menu items related to your hijacked browsers. Click “Properties” and check their destination path in the “Target” section of the shortcut tab. Make sure there’s nothing related to MyStartSearch browser hijacker in this destination path. If you see mystartsearch.com set there by default, remove it completely and leave only the clear destination path that leads to the executable of your browser.
Example of removing browser hijacker automatically in this similar YouTube video:
Example of fixing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu items related to your browser infected by this hijacker:
Additional removal tips for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps didn’t help).
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will reveal the Settings page of Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.