The pop-ups from ash.coupbat.com site are always misleading, this is why they’re considered as dangerous for your computer. Typically these pop-ups present a lot of faulty information which has in mind to make you download and install some junkware into your computer.
Alternatively, you could see some strange reports about various problems supposedly detected with your computer. The trick called “Windows Firewall Warning” is the example of such faulty information. Here is what such scary message from ash.coupbat.com website can tell you once it pops up in your browser:
Windows Firewall Warning
Check Your Computer Now For Potential Issues!
The page at downloadata.info says:
Windows Firewall Warning
Your computer may have adware/spyware virus
Call 1-844-335-0525 immediately for assistance on how to remove potential viruses. The Call is Toll Free.
The information you see in such ash.coupbat.com pop-ups is absolutely fake. Your PC might have some problems (as proven by the appearance of this pop-up), but this doesn’t mean that you have to call on this telephone number to fix it. This is just another scam run by hackers who want to get your money. Most probably if you call this number you will hear some people with Indian accent, who will try to gain access to your computer and will try to make you pay for their useless services on “fixing” your PC.
In reality, such pop-ups ash.coupbat.com are powered by adware, which is a part of your computer right now. For example, we’ve seen this pop-up after our test computer got infected by CheckMeUp adware. First of all, don’t click on these pop-ups, no matter how tricky they are. We recommend you to immediately undertake all the necessary measures to clean your PC from all kinds of adware in your computer, by following the uninstall guide set forth below. If you need more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice.
Software for automatic removal of ash.coupbat.com pop-ups:
Important steps for removal of ash.coupbat.com pop-ups caused by adware:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions to get rid of ash.coupbat.com pop-ups
Step 1. Uninstalling any suspicious adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected by adware are shut down (closed).
- Click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware which might cause annoying pop-ups. To do it, in Windows XP click on “Remove” button related to such adware. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on this adware program with the PC mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click on “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click on “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing suspicious adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click on “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.