Fr-recherche.com is a new browser hijacker attacking mainly France, and possibly some other French-speaking countries. As a result, the home page of your browser is now changed into fr-recherche.com, and you might as well experience the issue of search engine redirection through search.fr-recherche.com sub-domain. This is the problem for all browsers, but mainly for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. In this guide we will explain to you how to get rid of fr-recherche.com from your affected browser automatically.
Fr-recherche.com may also be installed into PC together with other quite annoying toolbars for your browser, such as MaRecherche and MyWebsites toolbars. They’re powered by Ask Search provider, which is in this case is known for displaying all sorts of unwanted advertisement banners displayed at the home page of your browser hijacked by fr-recherche.com potentially unwanted program.
Keep in mind that this solution to remove fr-recherche.com, and related toolbars like MaRecherche and MyWebsites, is actually a fully automatic one. But first of all let us realize how this hijacker and related toolbars get into PCs (to prevent any further similar attacks of related programs). There are very many adware programs and browser hijackers which are actively spread in the world wide web through other free programs, which users often download and install from various online resources. So, you definitely need to be very careful when dealing with such cost-free programs. You must always carefully read the instructions of the setup wizards of such applications, as well as their End User License Agreements during their installation. Watch what the installer of such free programs offers to you to install in addition to the initial software of your selection. If you see any other programs suggested to be installed by default, please cancel such installation or t least uncheck such default installation options, by switching to the custom installation mode. This is where you will be able to deselect all unwanted installs from being made on your system.
This browser hijacker called fr-recherche.com doesn’t really provide users with decent search results. Its presence on your computer makes it function really slow, especially when it comes to the speed of your browser. So, we definitely recommend that you remove fr-recherche.com from your computer by following the tutorial below, which, as we’ve said, is a fully automatic one.
Fr-recherche.com hijack removal tool:
Similar video that explains removal of browser hijackers automatically:
Detailed instructions to remove browser hijackers automatically and reset the settings of your infected browsers:
- Via your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the download button above.
- Scan your system and delete all detected infected files and registry entries by clicking “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Important! Shut down all your infected browsers.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button again.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that browser hijacker has been successfully removed.