To terminate the process of iwdefender.exe virus (also known as Internet Security PRO) is not possible via Task Manager, because this rogue blocks its launching and, in fact, replaces it with its own one. The hoax is distributed around the world via infected links through social networks, downloads from non-secure resources bundled with malwares, etc. There are many other channels how the scam may be spread, but surely this often happens due to the fault of your available anti-spyware program to detect the threat on time. Sometimes they aren’t properly updated, thus causing such malicious programs to be implanted into your system.
Iwdefender.exe and its installation process are at first hidden from your attention so that you would not be able to terminate the malware’s infiltration on time. But surely, as time goes by, users will eventually see the GUI, the very face of this hoax. The malware runs its fake system scan each time you turn your computer on, subsequently being followed by the fake threat report that eventually leads users to the certain payment processing page where they are instructed by the hoax to buy the useless licensed version of this malware. So, as you see, getting money by deceiving users is the only goal of this scam, and, hopefully, you will never become the victim of this rogue anti-spyware program.
You may remove the scam by referring to reliable anti-virus program. Before scanning your system with it you will need to kill the process called iwdefender.exe. You may do it using a great solution to terminate the virus process by window title (by running ruskill.exe application previously renamed into explorer.exe). Below please find the instructions on how to do it.
- Download RusKill.exe via the download button below, or through the direct link https://www.system-tips.net/download/ruskill.exe. In case the rogue blocks all your attempts to download RusKill.exe you may download it on a clean computer, save it to your USB/Flash Drive and copy the file to your infected PC.
- Save RusKill.exe into your desktop (the name for the file will be ruskill.exe (with small letters only).
- Make sure that you can see all known file extensions at your desktop. Open Desktop folder, click “Tools” and select “Folder options“.
- In the “View” tab uncheck the box “Hide extensions for known file types“, click “Apply” and “OK“.
- Rename “ruskill.exe” into “explorer.exe“.
- Run “explorer.exe” by clicking the file and giving your consent to execute the file after the following message comes up:
- In the respective field type the name of the exact virus which attacked your computer. In our case we specified “Internet Security”. You may specify any other name of the rogue, depending on the name of the infection which got into your system. Make sure that you specify the window title correctly. Click “Scan“.
- The program will find the infection and will give the suggestion to kill its core process:
- You may click “Yes” if you do agree to kill the process of this malware.
- The malware process should be successfully killed (terminated) by ruskill.exe (previously renamed into explorer.exe).
- Now it’s time to download and run real and powerful anti-malware program recommended in this blog to remove Internet Security scam.
Steps of successful Internet Security virus removal: