Newtab 0.1.12 by lightningnewtab.com is a malicious add-on for Mozilla Firefox browsers. This extension is often installed together with some hazardous browser hijackers, such as Oursurfing, Yoursearching, Mysites123, etc. You should definitely delete the extension and related browser hijackers accompanying it.
You might wonder how exactly Newtab 0.1.12 by lightningnewtab.com works in Mozilla Firefox. Each time you open new tab in it, you will instead see Fast Start tab to appear. This is the result of Newtab 0.1.12 by lightningnewtab.com to be enabled. When you attempt to find some information through Fast Start add-on, you will instead be redirected through random web pages of really doubtful reputation. And, as a result, your PC may become full of other dangerous applications, mainly classified as adware or other browser hijackers.
Sometimes Mozilla Firefox browser disables Newtab 0.1.12 by lightningnewtab.com itself. However, there are cases when this extension is protected by some additional malicious software, which may restore browser hijackers and their unwanted settings back into your browser even after you physically delete such hijackers and/or add-ons. We suggest that you thoroughly scan the system with Plumbytes Anti-Malware for complex system cleanup.
Software to get rid of Newtab 0.1.12 by lightningnewtab.com automatically.
Important milestones to delete Newtab 0.1.12 by lightningnewtab.com automatically are as follows:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Detailed instructions to remove Newtab 0.1.12 by lightningnewtab.com automatically.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with Newtab 0.1.12 by lightningnewtab.com:
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Video guide explaining how to reset browsers altogether automatically with Plumbytes Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected:
Plumbytes Anti-Malware offers a superb service to prevent malicious programs from being launched in your PC ahead of time. By default, this option is disabled once you install Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as explained below:
Once this option is enabled, your computer will be protected against all possible malware attacking your PC and attempting to execute (install) itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being executed, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.