If you experience the problem of search engine redirection through the website search.fbdownloader.com, then somehow your browser got infected with a potentially unwanted program called browser hijacker. Fbdownloader is the software widely distributed online, however, if you decide to install it onto your PC, you will by default be offered to set your search preferences with consideration of amendments suggested by the installer. If you agree to this proposal, or, if you fail to read the instructions of the setup wizard carefully, you will end up encountering Fbdownloader Search as a part of your browser. This guide will help you remove fbdownloader search from the homepage of browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera automatically using our recommended software.
Basically, to get rid of fbdownloader from the homepage of all these browsers mentioned above, you could try to uninstall fbdownloader software from the Control Panel of your PC. However, this does guarantee that you will not see search.fbdownloader.com in your browser anymore. You definitely need some software that will help you reset your attacked browses with this potentially unwanted application, more correctly to be spoken of as browser hijacker.
Fbdownloader Search doesn’t really render relevant search results. They could be relevant to some degree, however, this degree can’t be compared to the results offered by Google, Bing or other legitimate search providers. Furthermore, if you have your homepage hijacked by search.fbdownloader.com, you will see a lot of annoying advertisement banners displayed at this page, plus there will be very many sponsored links displayed together with the search results redirected by means of Fbdownloader search.
So, you definitely need to remove search.fbdownloader.com from your computer. To do it please refer to the automatic uninstall guidelines provided in the rest of this article. Yet, if you have any problems, get in touch with us as soon as you can, please.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Fbdownloader removal
Similar removal video:
Fbdownloader malware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling Fbdownloader from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Fbdownloader are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Fbdownloader software and its related hijacker. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click Fbdownloader with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Fbdownloader Search and related software. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click Fbdownloader’s related software with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing Fbdownloader from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of Fbdownloader browser hijacker from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this hijacker from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all remnants related to Fbdownloader hijacker.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after Fbdownloader hijack removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.