Gadgetbox Search is a browser hijacker amending the preferences and settings of it. Instead of the parameters established by users personally, this Gadgetbox Search hijack sets up the home page of a browser to start with search.gboxapp.com. Also, all user’s queries will be redirected through this domain name. If you aren’t happy with such amendments introduced into your browser, please carefully follow the tutorial below that will help you reset your browser to its default parameters.
The domain search.gboxapp.com isn’t malicious. However, as we’ve mentioned already, it is actively used by a special program called browser hijacker to modify the settings of your browser. The result of this unwanted amendment is referred to as the case of a browser hijacked.
Keep in mind that Gadgetbox Search hijacker is often spread among PCs by means of installing some other free programs. So, if you are a person who regularly downloads something from online freeware download websites, just make sure to pay close attention to what exactly you’re installing in addition to the initial software of your choice. Please don’t forget that you bear personal responsibility for bringing all such programs into your system, so read carefully what else you’re offered to install as a part of the bundle software installation.
In order to get rid of Gadgetbox Search and fix the problem of browser and search engine redirection through search.gboxapp.com we recommend that you follow the specific tutorial below that will assist you in getting rid of this browser hijacker, through resetting your affected browser. If you need additional help, please let us know.
Tool to fix search.gboxapp.com redirection:
Similar video that explains removal of browser hijackers automatically:
Detailed instructions to remove browser hijackers automatically and reset the settings of your infected browsers:
- Via your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the download button above.
- Scan your system and delete all detected infected files and registry entries by clicking “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Important! Shut down all your infected browsers.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button again.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that browser hijacker has been successfully removed.