Search Browsing is a browser hijacker attacking the majority of browsers today, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. As a result of this attack you will see searchbrowsing.com to be displayed in the home page of your browser. Thus, when you open it, Search Browsing will be the first thing you will see.
To look for information through searchbrowsing.com is not a good idea. This hijacker claims of itself to be some superb search engine, whereas in reality it is absolutely good for nothing when it comes to obtaining any relevant search results. This hijacker is actively spread today along with many other cost-free programs users tend to download and install into their PCs.
Note that you should pay close attention to what other extras you’re suggested to install into your PC in addition to the free application you’re going to install. This is why it is very important for you to read those boring End User’s License Agreements of any cost-free programs. Such EULAs typically disclose all the concealed information regarding third-party software offers. So, your job is to pay attention to such important components of freeware.
So, if the EULAs of free programs do tell you about some third-party extra programs, you need to select the option of the advanced or custom installation where you may deselect all these additional software from being installed into your computer by default. If you don’t do as we recommend and instead just click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons all the time, you may easily end up installing Search Browsing hijacker into your computer and your browser.
What should you do when you see that searchbrowsing.com has hijacked the home page of your browser? The only logical and correct solution would be to remove this hijacker from your system. We recommend you to follow these instructions below that explain how to get rid of it either automatically or manually from your computer. If you require our further assistance, please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice, and we will help you the best we can in removal of this hijacker from your computer.
Software necessary for Search Browsing automatic removal:
Important milestones for automatic removal of this browser hijacker:
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after removal of this browser hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your computer now.
Detailed manual (free) removal instructions to get rid of this browser hijacker
Step 1. Uninstalling Search Browsing and related programs from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with this hijacker are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Search Browsing and related programs. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to them. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on the item related to this malicious program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Search Browsing. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click it with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the hijacker from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of this browser hijacker from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove the hijacker from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this browser hijacker and other unwanted adware and potentially unwanted programs installed on your PC.