Golsearch.com is a new browser hijacker which reminds in its design the majority of many other hijackers. Its other variant is known as searchgol.com. If you have a look at either of these sites you will find out that their only purpose is making money. So, the owners of it use the method of browser hijacking in order to make as many computers as possible as the platform for displaying online ads. These ads were paid for to be displayed by many companies that plan to market their products and services online.
Golsearch.com is most commonly installed into computers as a result of installing some other programs (primarily freeware). These free applications are bundled with searchgol.com hijacker by default. The setup wizard clearly mentions about default installation of third-party software. It even gives the option to uncheck this installation. Yet, users often fail to notice this important step, and this is how they have browser hijacked with searchgol.com. As a result, this domain becomes the home page of browser and its default search engine.
In order to get rid of searchgol.com from your browser you need to scan your system with some program that is designed to remove adware from computers. For example, you may try AdwCleaner, which is a free utility. Or you may download our recommended software below.
Automatic instructions to reset your browser settings:
- Through your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the link below.
- Scan your computer and remove all detected adware files and registry entries.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings”:":
- Give your permission to reset your browser settings by clicking “Yes“:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that browser hijacker has been successfully removed.