Siteken.com is a browser hijacker spread in the web today along with other free programs. Needless to mention, you must be very careful when you surf the world wide web and see any useful free program you want to install. Doing so you should pay attention to what other free programs you’re suggested to install into your PC together with it. If you don’t pay enough attention to this fact, then you may end up making siteken.com the home page of your browser, and even installing a huge load of other absolutely useless programs as a part of your computer.
In this guide we will help you to remove siteken.com from your browser. Note that the problem of a browser hijacked by it is mainly the issue for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. They are the main targets of the majority of adware programs and other browser hijackers.
Siteken.com search engine doesn’t really furnish users with any relevant search results. Basically, the main purpose of this hijacker is to earn money for its owners, developers, and to those who stand behind its distribution. You will see some ads displayed in the home page of your browser, and you will also encounter a lot of sponsored links shown together with the search results which got redirected by siteken.com. When you click on such ads or sponsored links, this is when people who distribute siteken.com get paid.
On the other hand, you will not gain any single benefit because of siteken.com in your browser. Furthermore, opening your browser each time and facing siteken.com in the home page of it is truly a very annoying experience. We strongly recommend that you immediately undertake all the necessary measures to remove this browser hijacker from your computer. By the way, this isn’t a really difficult thing to do. You may follow this guide below which explains how to do it both automatically and manually. One thing we’re absolutely confident in – you need to get rid of this hijacker from your PC immediately as soon as you identify its presence in your system.
Software necessary for Siteken.com automatic removal:
Important milestones for automatic removal of this browser hijacker:
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after removal of this browser hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your computer now.
Detailed manual (free) removal instructions to get rid of this browser hijacker
Step 1. Uninstalling Siteken.com and related programs from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with this hijacker are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Siteken.com and related programs. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to them. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on the item related to this malicious program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Siteken.com. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click it with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the hijacker from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of this browser hijacker from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove the hijacker from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this browser hijacker and other unwanted adware and potentially unwanted programs installed on your PC.