Safesurfs.com stands for a new nasty browser hijacker infecting the majority of widely used browsers. The infection changes the default home page and search engine settings modifying them into safesurfs.com.
There is absolutely no use from safesurfs.com in terms of finding any relevant information online. Instead, you will be permanently brought to various illegal places in the Internet, to which safesurfs.com may often redirect you.
Safesurfs.com removal menu:
- Recommended software to remove safesurfs.com automatically.
- Resetting browser settings after automatic removal of safesurfs.com.
- Video explaining how to reset your browsers affected by safesurfs.com.
- Tutorial to remove safesurfs.com manually.
- How to prevent your PC from being reinfected.
Removing safesurfs.com is currently the big issue for many users. The problem is that they do not even see this safesurfs.com to be set in the home page. But nevertheless somehow it does appear on the startup. The reason why this is so is because the hijacker changes the Desktop shortcuts and quick launch items of all browsers installed in your computer.
So, even if you manually delete safesurfs.com from the home page of your browser and change it into google.com, the hijacker will still appear. To fix this issue you need a powerful antispyware application, such as Plumbytes AntiMalware. You will need to get rid of all malicious files and registry items from your PC detected by this program and to reset your browsers with its assistance. Feel free to get in touch with us for any additional help.
Software to get rid of safesurfs.com automatically.
Important milestones to delete safesurfs.com automatically are as follows:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Detailed instructions to remove safesurfs.com automatically.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with safesurfs.com:
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after removal of safesurfs.com. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Video guide explaining how to reset browsers altogether automatically with Plumbytes Anti-Malware:
Detailed removal instructions to uninstall safesurfs.com manually
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious applications from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with safesurfs.com are shut down (closed).
- Click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 operating system move the computer mouse towards the left bottom hot corner of Windows 8 screen and right-click on it. In Windows 8.1, simply right-click on the “Start” button. Then click on “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious applications which may be related to safesurfs.com. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to such applications. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on certain suspicious program with the PC mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing suspicious elements from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove suspicious items from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this browser hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected:
Plumbytes Anti-Malware offers a superb service to prevent malicious programs from being launched in your PC ahead of time. By default, this option is disabled once you install Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as explained below:
Once this option is enabled, your computer will be protected against all possible malware attacking your PC and attempting to execute (install) itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being executed, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.