Search.jzip.com is a malware which is fairly classified by many security blogs as a browser hijacker. This is because of the amendments it does with your search preferences. In particular, this virus that hijacks the home page of your browser and makes its start with search.jzip.com. So, no matter how many new search tabs you open – search.jzip.com will be there. In addition, this website will also be used as your default search engine. You probably aren’t happy with such modifications of your search, are you? Well, if so, these instructions will help you get rid of this nasty virus from your computer.
Search.jzip.com hijacker is spread along with many other free programs which users often donwload online and install right away, without looking into details. You must be very careful when you deal with such programs. Always pay attention to what else you’re installing with the initial software of your choice. Make sure that you always select the option of a custom installation instead of the standard one. This is how you may check what other extras are offered for you to be installed as a part of the default installation. Then make sure you cancel such additional installs.
Search.jzip.com is a hijacker that is very dangerous. It is related to many other malicious applications like adwares, browser add-ons, extensions. Its ads at the startup page of your browser and together with the search results may lead you to some sites which are compromised or infected. So, the quicker you get rid of search.jzip.com malware from your browser the better.
In order to remove search.jzip.com from your computer we recommend that you scan your PC automatically with the help of Plumbytes Anti-Malware as explained below. Remove all infections found by it by clicking “Apply” button at the end of scan, and then reset the settings of your browsers as explained below.
Search.jzip.com virus removal tool:
Example of removing browser hijackers automatically in this similar YouTube video:
Detailed instructions to remove browser hijackers automatically and reset the settings of your infected browsers:
- Via your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the download button above.
- Scan your system and delete all detected infected files and registry entries by clicking “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Important! Shut down all your infected browsers.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that browser hijacker has been successfully removed.