We devote this guide to search.smartaddressbar.com browser hijacker. It is most commonly distributed through free downloads of other applications. The moment it is installed your browser homepage and default search engine will be amended to search.smartaddressbar.com. As a result, no matter what you search for in your browser (whichever one you use by default) will be redirected through the site search.smartaddressbar.com. Plus, you will encounter a lot of advertisements and sponsored links displayed together with perverted search results. This hijacker may also collect search terms from your search queries. Please continue reading this article to find out about removal of this browser hijacker from your computer.
Search.smartaddressbar.com may get into your PC once you’ve installed certain freeware application, such as PDF creators, download managers or video recording or streaming utilities, which by default have this browser hijacker bundled with their installers.
How to avoid search.smartaddressbar.com installation into your browser? The answer is quite simple, by the way. You must always pay attention to what else you install in addition to the software of your preference (the program you downloaded online and installed). Make sure you read the setup instructions carefully and uncheck all other option that offer to install many extras (certain helpless system utilities, optimizers, browser add-ons and extensions).
If your search is now redirected through search.smartaddressbar.com and you can’t remove it from any browser you currently have installed, it’s time for you to undertake certain actions directed at its effective removal from your computer. Please follow our recommendations set forth below.
Search.smartaddressbar.com automatic removal instructions:
- Through your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the link below.
- Scan your computer and remove all detected adware files and registry entries.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings”:":
- Give your permission to reset your browser settings by clicking “Yes“:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that browser hijacker has been successfully removed.