In this article we will tell you about removal of search.startnow.com from your browser. This is surely a good question – how in the world could this hijacker get into your PC? We will try to answer this question as well.
Search.startnow.com is a special kind of browser infection that is capable of hijacking the home page of your browser. In addition, it will also be used as its default search engine.
Whether you like to hear this or not – in many cases users are to be blamed for all unwanted installations into their PCs. The majority of browser hijackers get into computers through other free applications downloaded by them in the first place.
So, it is quite clear that if you’re a person who regularly downloads some free applications online, you must be extremely careful when you do this. Always pay attention to the installation guidelines of such free programs, don’t allow any hidden installations to take place.
Search.startnow.com may hijack the majority of contemporary browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. However, the solution offered to remove this malware from all such browsers is quite a universal one. You will need to scan your PC with reliable antivirus, remove all detected infections and reset your browsers with its help. We hope this information has been clear, if not, then please follow additional removal steps listed below.
Tool to remove startnow from browser:
Example of removing browser hijackers automatically in this similar YouTube video:
Detailed instructions to remove browser hijackers automatically and reset the settings of your infected browsers:
- Via your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the download button above.
- Scan your system and delete all detected infected files and registry entries by clicking “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Important! Shut down all your infected browsers.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that the search engine redirection problem through search.startnow.comwebsite has been fixed.