So, what is this Our Searching in your browser? How did you get it and what to do with it? We will try to answer all these important questions in our article for today. Truly, the most important question will be this – how to get rid of Our Searching from your computer? This issue will be also dealt with, since we will not leave you alone with your computer problems.
Our Searching is a browser hijacker. What is a browser hijacker, you might ask? Well, it’s a special malicious program that introduced a lot of unwanted amendments with your browser and the way you search for the information. For example, once your browser is hijacked, you will see Our Searching to appear in the homepage of your browser. Furthermore, no matter how many new tabs you open in it – you will see Our Searching there. By the way, the very website set in the homepage of your affected browser will be called oursearching.com.
In addition to the modifications of the homepage of your browser, you will also experience another problem related to search engine redirection through other third-party websites, which claim to be some decent search engines, but in reality they aren’t really able to furnish you with the relevant search results.
Because of Our Searching hijack in your PC you will permanently see a lot of annoying ads displayed in your hijacked browser, either on its startup page, or shown together with the redirected search results. This is all not safe at all for your browsing, and we recommend that you fix this problem as soon as you can. Hopefully, this particular tutorial below will help you do it, and if you need any additional help on our part, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at any time of your convenience.
Our Searching hijack automatic removal tool:
Detailed instructions to remove Our Searching and reset your browser settings:
- Uninstall any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your computer and remove any suspicious add-ons or extensions from your infected browsers.
- Via your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the download button above.
- Scan your system and delete all detected infected files and registry entries by clicking “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Important! Shut down all your infected browsers.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that browser hijacker has been successfully removed.
- Finally, right-click the Desktop icons and Start menu items related to your browsers infected by Our Searching. Click “Properties” and check their destination path in the “Target” section of the shortcut tab. Make sure there’s nothing related to the website of Our Searching browser hijacker in this destination path. If you see the website of this browser hijacker set there by default, remove it completely and leave only the clear destination path that leads to the executable of your browser.
Example of removing Our Searching automatically in this similar YouTube video:
Example of fixing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu items related to your browser infected by this hijacker:
Additional removal tips for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps didn’t help).
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will reveal the Settings page of Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.