Sometimes users see Start2.me to be set in the home page of their browsers, instead of google.com or any other default page they like. This actually means that these browsers got hijacked by Start2.me. As a result, this is what they see when opening browsers each time. In this guide we will help you to get rid of Start2.me from your infected browser.
In addition to facing Start2.me in the home page of browsers, users are suggested by this hijacker to look for the information through it. On the other hand, this is a fake search engine, which cannot really provide you with any decent search results. Looking for the information through Start2.me is just the waste of time.
You may see a lot of ads displayed in the home page of your browser hijacked by Start2.me. In addition, the search results redirected through Start2.me may be accompanied by a lot of annoying ads and sponsored links, which will be displayed on the top of so-called search results.
This browser hijacker is actively spread in the web today, being bundled by default with a lot of other free applications. So, if you’re a person who regularly downloads and installs some free applications, you need to make sure that you don’t install any other extras you don’t need.
Because of Start2.me in your browser the entire PC works much slower than usual. This is because this hijacker consumes a lot of system resources from your computer. We recommend you to uninstall this annoying piece of malware from your computer by scanning your PC with a reliable antimalware tool called Plumbytes Anti-Malware. You will need to remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version), and to reset your browsers with its help. If you need our assistance removing this hijacker, please feel free to get in touch with us at any time. We promise to assist you in this matter.
Automatic tool to get id of Start2.me:
Detailed instructions to remove Start2.me and reset your browser settings:
- Uninstall any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your computer and remove any suspicious add-ons or extensions from your infected browsers (related to this hijacker).
- Via your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the download button above.
- Scan your system and delete all detected infected files and registry entries by clicking “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Important! Shut down all your infected browsers.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that browser hijacker has been successfully removed.
- Finally, right-click the Desktop icons and Start menu items related to your hijacked browsers. Click “Properties” and check their destination path in the “Target” section of the shortcut tab. Make sure there’s nothing related to Start2.me browser hijacker in this destination path. If you see start2.me set there by default, remove it completely and leave only the clear destination path that leads to the executable of your browser.
Example of removing this browser hijacker manually (for free) in this similar YouTube video:
Example of fixing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu items related to your browser infected by this hijacker:
Additional removal tips for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps didn’t help).
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will reveal the Settings page of Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.