Websearch.oversearch.info is a new browser hijacker which probably will not last for too long. In its design it is similar to many other hijackers which have been active for a couple of days, whereas with time the degree of their severity has dropped down considerably. As per now this hijacker is active and is distributed together with many other programs classified as adware. Use this guide below to find the solution for automatic removal of websearch.oversearch.info from your browser.
Bear in mind that this particular domain websearch.oversearch.info (in case it is used by the hijacker) may become the start or home page of your browser, as well as its new search engine. It is surely foolish to think that the search results obtained via this hijacker would be relevant. To the contrary, they often don’t even match user’s queries. Plus, they’re full of annoying ads and popups that might even lead users to all kinds of random sites with doubtful reputation. Some of them are malicious and may infect your system.
Websearch.oversearch.info hijacker is spread together with other programs (primarily of shareware or freeware nature). Their installer is bundled with that of this hijacker, and users often fail to read the setup instructions carefully. So, they fail to uncheck the option of installing all kinds of extras (like toolbars, extensions for browsers, fake system optimizers, etc.).
In order to avoid such unpleasant and surprising circumstances of encountering websearch.oversearch.info in your browser you should be very watchful whenever you install anything downloaded over the Internet. Make sure you opt for the custom installation instead of the standard one. At this point read the instructions of the setup wizard carefully, making sure you don’t install anything that is now wanted by you. Finally, you might experience problems removing websearch.oversearch.info from your PC. If this is the case please follow this guide below to get rid of this potentially unwanted program automatically.
Automatic instructions to reset your browser settings:
- Through your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the link below.
- Scan your computer and remove all detected adware files and registry entries.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings”:":
- Give your permission to reset your browser settings by clicking “Yes“:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that browser hijacker has been successfully removed.