The rogue antivirus called Windows Active HotSpot currently attacks computers. It comes to PCs through various Trojan horses and leaks in computer security settings. The rogue doesn’t have any Uninstaller at all, this is why it is very difficult for users to get rid of it easily. However, we know the solution that will help you get rid of it effectively from your system.
Windows Active HotSpot acts pretty typical to all other rogues. It amends the settings of your PC in order to be self-started automatically with every system startup. After this takes place the rogue begins imitating the scan of your PC in order to make you really scared. The malware displays a lot of fake alerts, warnings and notifications, which don’t really speak of the true things about your computer. This is all done in order to make you really scared and to eventually prompt you into buying the license of this fake antispyware program.
Please do not make such a serious mistake, do not buy this rogue. In order to get rid of it you will need to follow our step-by-step instructions as explained below.
Fake alerts displayed by Windows Active HotSpot:
Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the Internet
c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
is suspected to have infected your PC.
This type of virus intercepts entered data and transmits them
to a remote server.
Trojan activity detected. System data security is at risk.
It is recommended to activate protection and run a full system scan.
Attempt to run a potentially dangerous script detected.
Full system scan is highly recommended.
System data security is at risk!
To prevent potential PC errors, run a full system scan.
Warning! Identity theft attempt detected
Hidden connection IP: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Target: Microsoft Corporation keys
Your IP: 127.0.0.1
Recommended: Please use secure encrypted protocol for torrent links.
Torrent link detected!
Receiving this notification means that you have violated:
– the copyright laws. Using Torrent for downloading movies and licensed software shall be prosecuted and you may be sued for cybercrime and break of law under the SOPA legislation.
Software necessary for Windows Active HotSpot removal:
Detailed removal instructions (steps to make before downloading, installing and running Anti-Malware):
- Wait until Windows Active HotSpot finishes its fake scan. To remove the blockage of your Desktop with this rogue click “Settings” and put a checkmark on “Allow unprotected startup“:
- Close the main window of Windows Active HotSpot rogue antivirus and disregard all its pop-up windows, like this one:
- Click “OK“.
- Start cmd.exe command ad explained below – Start – All programs – Accessories – Command Prompt:
- Note that you should open cmd.exe command as Administrator in Windows by right-clicking “cmd.exe” and selecting such option.
- Type this command in cmd.exe opened as Administrator – taskkill /IM guard* and press “Enter“:
- You will get the confirmation of Windows Active HotSpot process terminated successfully:
- Now download Anti-Malware, install it and run scan with it. Click “Apply” at the end of scan.