Quick-seeker.com is a computer infection categorized as a browser hijacker. It comes to PCs through various methods, including malicious links on social networks, spam emails with dangerous links and suspicious attachments, etc. However, one of the most widely spread methods for hijacking browsers with quick-seeker.com malware is through bundling its installer with many other free applications which users download online. Use these instructions that will help you get rid of quick-seeker.com from your computer.
Quick-seeker.com virus mainly attacks browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera. It attacks the home page of these browsers (their startup page). The search, however, is mainly carried out through either Yahoo or Google search engines. Yet, this doesn’t give any credit to this particular hijacker. It simply steals the search results obtained from other legitimate search engines.
You need to be very careful with site quick-seeker.com if it hijacked your system. If you see any ads displayed at the startup page of your browser hijacked with this malware – do not click them! This is dangerous because they may lead you to some sites which are compromised and thus may infect your system.
Whenever you open each new search tab of your browser – quick-seeker.com will be there. Many users are not happy with this malware intrusion into their PCs, this is why they would like to get rid of this virus off their computer. For its removal please follow the instructions below that imply scanning of your PC with Plumbytes Anti-Malware and resetting the settings of your infected browsers with its help.
Quick-seeker.com removal tool:
Detailed instructions to remove quick-seeker.com and reset your browser settings:
- Via your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the download button above.
- Scan your system and delete all detected infected files and registry entries by clicking “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Important! Shut down all your infected browsers.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that browser hijacker has been successfully removed.