Search.golliver.com is a new quite dangerous browser hijacker. Today it infects many PCs and may easily become the part of your browser. It will then introduce several unwanted amendments into the way your browser works. For example, the home page will be changed to search.golliver.com. This domain will also become the default search engine, through which you will be suggested to look for the information.
Search.golliver.com removal menu:
- Recommended software to remove search.golliver.com automatically.
- Resetting browser settings after automatic removal of search.golliver.com.
- Video explaining how to reset your browsers affected by search.golliver.com.
- Tutorial to remove search.golliver.com manually.
- How to prevent your PC from being reinfected.
All these modifications made by search.golliver.com with your browser aren’t good for the safety of your computer. The hijacker has in mind to earn money for its owners and distributors through displaying a lot of intrusive ads in the home page of your browser hijacked by it. Plus, your search queries redirected through this hijacker may be accompanied by all kinds of annoying sponsored links and ads that will appear in various parts of your screen.
Another purpose of this hijacker is to collect a lot of information regarding your search queries made online. This data may later on be transmitted to many third parties, who will use this information for their malicious purposes. Most often this has to do with further installation of various junk programs like adware.
The intrusion of search.golliver.com hijacker takes place through various illegal ways, or at least some partially legal methods. For example, this hijacker may be by default bundled with many other free applications users might decide to install. We do find many good free applications in the Internet today. The problem is that they’re by interconnected with a lot of other totally useless programs, mainly classified as adware, browser hijackers or simply PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
It is definitely the responsibility of every user to watch carefully what he/she installs into the PC in addition to the initial application of user’s choice. We must always read what the setup wizards of free programs tell us about any third-party applications we’re suggested to bring into our computers by default. Remember that when you see such applications you don’t need, make sure to switch to the advanced or custom installation mode. This is where we may uncheck all such unwanted programs from becoming the part of our computers by default.
Search.golliver.com browser hijacker actually doesn’t do any single good thing for you as far as finding the relevant information is concerned. It simply wants to use your PC as a tool to display sponsored ads and third-party links. This is how the people who stand behind this adware get paid. We recommend you to remove this hijacker from your browser as soon as you identify its presence in your computer.
To remove search.golliver.com from your browser you need to scan your system with a reliable antispyware application. For this purpose we recommend you to use Plumbytes Anti-Malware. It will help you to detect and remove all malicious components of this hijacker from your computer. You will also need to reset your browser with its help. We’ve demonstrated all these steps below. In case you need more assistance on our part, please feel free to contact us without hesitation.
Software to get rid of search.golliver.com automatically.
Important milestones to delete search.golliver.com automatically are as follows:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Detailed instructions to remove search.golliver.com automatically.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with search.golliver.com:
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after removal of search.golliver.com. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Video guide explaining how to reset browsers altogether automatically with Plumbytes Anti-Malware:
Detailed removal instructions to uninstall search.golliver.com manually
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious applications from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with search.golliver.com are shut down (closed).
- Click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 operating system move the computer mouse towards the left bottom hot corner of Windows 8 screen and right-click on it. In Windows 8.1, simply right-click on the “Start” button. Then click on “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious applications which may be related to search.golliver.com. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to such applications. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on certain suspicious program with the PC mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing suspicious elements from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove suspicious items from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this browser hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected:
Plumbytes Anti-Malware offers a superb service to prevent malicious programs from being launched in your PC ahead of time. By default, this option is disabled once you install Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as explained below:
Once this option is enabled, your computer will be protected against all possible malware attacking your PC and attempting to execute (install) itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being executed, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.