Startsear.info is a browser hijacker infecting many browsers today. Once the attack of it is successful, users will see that the home page of their browsers got changed into startsear.info. When users attempt to look for the information through this particular website, the search queries will be redirected through this domain. The search results will be delivered by Google Custom Search, or possibly through some other search engine.
Startsear.info isn’t a malicious website, however, we definitely condemn when its owners try to change the home pages of users’ browser without approval. Most often this hijacker is by default set in the home page of browsers when users download and install various free applications. There are many free programs today which suggest users to download and install all kinds of extras users definitely do not need. The problem is that very often they fail to be duly attentive during freeware installation. As a result, users allow all sorts of additional extras to become the part of their computers by default.
We recommend you to be very careful whenever you surf the world wide web and especially when you install various free programs. You need to make sure you know exactly what you install in addition to the main program of your choice. Reading the EULAs (End User License Agreements) of all free programs is a good way to avoid installation of all sorts of extras users don’t really need.
To fix this problem with your browser we recommend you to scan your system with a reliable antispyware program, such as Plumbytes Anti-Malware. You will need to remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and to reset your browsers with its help. Doing so will help you to get rid of all kinds of other malicious applications from your computer. In case you need more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice. Good luck!
Software necessary for startsear.info automatic removal:
Important milestones for startsear.info automatic removal:
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after removal of this infection. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your computer now.
Manual (free) removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with startsear.info are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious applications. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on the item related to this malicious program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click it with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing this hijacker from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of this threat from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove it from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this browser hijacker and other unwanted adware and potentially unwanted programs installed on your PC.