Upeksvr.exe is a file which may be associated with Antivirus Security Pro fake antispyware (Rogue). There are very many malicious links online today which may lead to the installer of this malware. In other words, the links that end with “upeksvr.exe” can easily bring users to a special executable file, which could eventually install Antivirus Security Pro scam.
Remember, however, that not all upeksvr.exe files are malicious or related to Antivirus Security Pro. If you go online and search for this particular file name you will discover that in the majority of the cases user speak of it as malicious, or at least as some sort of infection they would like to get rid of. Without a doubt, upeksvr.exe is not a legitimate Windows file.
If you ever see some links in your emails ending with upeksvr.exe, or if you receive some suspicious emails with attachments that contain upeksvr.exe file, be extremely careful not to launch (execute) them. It might be that this file will not be related to the rogue antivirus called Antivirus Security Pro. However, the odds are that this is the exact installer of this scam. So, to stay on the safe side, please be very careful. Stay away from clicking such suspicious links.
In our security blog we aim to assist users in removal of malwares like Antivirus Security Pro, which is a fake antispyware. So, we test various viruses on virtual machines, and this is what we did with upeksvr.exe file. Executing it brought us exactly to this scam, which you can see at the screenshot below:
Again, be careful with this file if you ever see it on your computer, of if you see some links that contain this name. If your system got infected with this rogue, please follow these instructions below that will help you get rid of it.
Antivirus Security Pro removal instructions:
- Open “My Computer” (a.k.a. Windows Explorer).
- In the address line insert http://gridinsoft.com/downloads/explorer.exe and press “Enter” key.
- Save “explorer.exe” to your Desktop or elsewhere
- Start “explorer.exe“.
- In the empty space type “Antivirus Security” and click “Scan“.
- Give your approval to kill the process of Antivirus Security Pro scam.
- Click the link https://www.system-tips.net/download.php to download Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Install it and scan your PC with Anti-Malware.
- Remove all infections found by clicking “Remove Selections” button.